This award recognises employers who are genuinely dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Employers that are serious about diversity and inclusion ensure that all policies, practices and procedures are based on the principles of fairness and inclusion, and are regularly checked to identify and remove unfair bias. Becoming a truly inclusive workplace requires openness, transparency and authentic behaviour, driven by a core belief in equality of opportunity. Inclusive organisations ensure that all individuals have a voice in their organisation and are supported to work at their best.
The judges will be looking for:
- the range of evidence and information you used to inform the decisions made. What was the driver for the initiative? How does the initiative align to the organisation’s strategic objectives?
- how the work positively impacted the organisation and its people. This may include financial metrics (revenue, profits, ROI, productivity), customer engagement/satisfaction levels, people-related indicators (eg, absence, retention, engagement), as well as less tangible outcomes such as the impact on the credibility and integrity of the function/profession within the organisation
- details of the initiative your organisation has undertaken to create a diverse and inclusive workplace
- evidence of how you are breaking ground and overcoming challenges and resistance to drive sustainable change
- how you used data, if appropriate, to inform and prove your inclusion strategies
- evidence of active support and positive practice from senior leadership.
In addition, the judges will give extra credit to entries which embody one or more of the CIPD professional principles (Work Matters, People Matter, Professionalism Matters).